Balchik here I come...

About six months ago whilst enjoying a meal in Candles Jordan, the proprietor, mentioned that he was starting a new venture. He had taken over an hotel in Balchik and was refurbishing it for the next season. He wondered how to get rid of the out of date photos from the likes of Google and Trip Adviser. I must admit that I had often wondered about this myself having noticed the frequency with which businesses changed hands in Tenerife. There is a lot of duff information out there. A couple of weeks ago I asked Jordan when he was opening and here I am. We met in Candles so that he could drive me here. On the way we passed through the village where he has his other venture, a bar. Like Blackpool off season, the main street looked desolate and deserted. Next month it will be a hive of activity followed by a life of its own when the season starts. All this work and profit has to be made in the two month window of July and August here in Bulgaria.


Arriving at the hotel I was presented with a very pleasant building which reflected on the outside the work done inside. First of all I was shown to my room, as always here in Bulgaria via a flight of steps. The room itself proved to be light and airy with a double bed, air conditioning, tv, fridge and on suite shower room. Two balconies gave views across the valley and capture the sun at whatever time of day. Very nice. Depositing my case, Jordan then showed me around the place. First the reception area which has seating and one of those football games to distract from smart phone and tablet.

Through into a very pleasant and airy dining room and bar. There is a log fire too should the evenings turn chilly. The kitchen area was also being refurbished and a cook will be employed in time for the season. In the mean time I would eat out though there is a "magazina" next door. Lots of plant pots waiting to adorn the balconies when time permits. Right on queue a horse and cart pull up to collect garden rubbish creating an idyllic rural atmosphere. Outside a BBQ area is being created on one of the terraces, ideal for the summer. A self contained apartment is also being refurbished for rent too.

We hop into the car for a look down at the sea front. Crossing the junction the Botanical Gardens and Palace are signposted. Only a short walk from the hotel these are the two main attractions encouraging tourism from Roumania as I will explain later. We park up near the harbour. Hotels and restaurants abound. Each had its own terrace by the sea. Moor your yacht, come ashore and be wined and dined in beautiful surroundings. It reminded me of Crete and the Greek islands. No wonder everyone says that this is a romantic place to come.

We wander along on a beautiful, sunny afternoon, Jordan greets friends and fellow entrepreneurs. It is a slow casual affair, in a month or so everyone will be too busy looking after the influx of guests and sightseers. We settle at "Tanino" a bar restaurant for a cool beer whist admiring the view. Jordan points out landmarks and local history, he also recommends the food. We relax, a few shots of the area. I shall take more photos on another day. Tomorrow the "Gardens" I think.

Here is my first Balchik photo album "Alex Guest House" .



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruse (Pyce) Winter and Summer...

a "Day at the Forum"

2019 - Where are we now?